MENU

Slide

Ettusais Brow tutorial

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Brows are one of the most important features on your face!
It frames your eyes, if your brows shape suits your face shape,
it will perk you up and give you an instant face-lift!



Even if your makeup techniques are damn awesome,
if you forgot to groom your brows it'll look so wrong!


large_AdCashew
Uni-brow for you?


For example Megan Fox, yes she had work done for her face, but the brows really do make quite a bit of different doesn't it?

fox



I don't know about you but I'm really anal when it comes to grooming my brows..
Really dislike having those little black dots (growing brow hair) hanging around my brows.

Even for my boyf, whenever i see his brows growing out of shape, I'll neaten it up for him. I'm no brow shaping expert so i can't give any advice on shaping them..

For me, I'd drop by a beauty salon to get my brows shaped properly,
then as it grows out, I'll neaten it out myself with a facial hair razor!



razor

You can get these from Sasa, It's really a bang for your bucks!
A few dollars for maybe 2-3 razors, I'm still using those razors that i bought at least 2 years ago.
I think these razors are super quick for neatening up those short short hair,
with tweezers I'm always afraid to over-pluck.

Save the trips to the beauty salon, it's too impractical for me!
Wtf, to trim a bit of my brows every week go to the beauty salon?
Waste time, Waste $$$ !




Having a beautiful brow shape that suits your face is just step one,
Not everybody has beautiful lush brows that needs no further grooming,
but we can always fill our brows in to create a nice full brow!


IMG_1189

I'm currently using Ettusais Pencil Brow Liner, they actually have it in 5 different shades available, pick one to suit your hair color OK! http://bit.ly/avh0te

i have it in 2 different colors,
Since i recently dyed my hair black, i'm using shade Dark Brown..
when i had really light brown hair i used Yellow Brown!




Here's how i groom my brows:


picnikfile_f7rnys

Using the razor, get rid of all the small brow hairs.
(I do this maybe every other day!)



picnikfile_hJ-aBo

Tips: Always make sure that your brow pencil is sharpen so you'll have the sharp clean look!




picnikfile_q7Ix4R

Start filling in your brows, starting from the tail of the brow.




picnikfile_6j0dxS

fill in the middle part...



picnikfile_WQZwxH

I like to outline my brows with reall7y soft strokes, on the bottom of the brow
from the head connecting to the middle part of the brows.


picnikfile_7Tcw7i

then fill in with light, the head of the brow.
(use lesser pressure when you're drawing the head part, if it's too dark it'll look very unnatural!)



picnikfile_LZui8L

Using an angled eyeliner brush, sweep through the brows from head to tail
to "spread" the colour if remove any harsh lines!



picnikfile_IrkYD0



picnikfile_bGVRDs

Done! (:








Even without any eye makeup, nicely groomed brows make your eyes pop more and much neater!



picnikfile_ihTtiB


Use the brush comb to "spread the color", apply more pressure
while combing the "head" of the brow, so that it spreads more evenly and more natural!

Yep! That's it! Just do your regular makeup and you'll find having a nicely groomed eyebrow makes you look much cleaner + look sharper overall!




Picnik collage


Oh yes, what are you doing this long weekend?
As usual mine is packed with activities already, rest well this 3 days and recharge your batteries! (:





Ettusais counters are available at:

BHG Bugis, BHG Bishan
Isetan Orchard, isetan Scotts, Isetan Tampines
Metro Woodlands, Metro Paragon

No comments: